We are seeking a Consultant to join our Real Assets Team (RAT) to deliver high-quality investment and strategic advice and research to our clients.
This is rare opportunity for an experienced professional with an understanding and long term interest in Real Assets, who wants to make their mark in a dynamic research and consulting environment.
You will be involved investment and manager research in real assets (primarily private equity, infrastructure and also real estate) and client work management.
As a key member of RAT, you will undertake research across a wide range of private equity, infrastructure and real estate strategies, to maintain and improve knowledge and understanding of relevant investment opportunities and manager capabilities, as well as issues faced by clients who invest in Australian and global markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the sector and research strategy within RAT, with a particular focus on private equity and infrastructure;
- Deepen Frontier’s relationships with investment specialists within internal client teams through the provision of well-considered Real Assets investment advice with particular reference to unlisted investment strategies;
- Participate in the Real Assets manager and strategy research process, including undertaking manager review and rating process, the preparation of due diligence documents such as annual reviews, manager assessments and other documents;
- Assisting with the development of policy and sector configuration research papers relevant to Real Assets;
- Delivery of research content that is highly relevant, up to date within agreed deadlines and of high quality. Research content includes regular research papers on sector thematics, reviews of investee managers, annual reviews for invested managers and any other due diligence materials prepared as part of the manager review and ratings process;
- Participate in Frontier’s investment research program, broaden investment knowledge to expand Frontier’s intellectual capital and add value to clients’ portfolios;
- Maintaining awareness of the Real Assets sectors with specific area of specialisation in property and infrastructure (as well as other areas where required) for relevant clients which you have been allocated to assist; and
- Undertake and/or lead due diligence of direct and co-investment opportunities and assist in the preparation of investment committee papers, on behalf of clients.
- Relevant graduate and post graduate qualifications;
- 4 – 7 years of experience gained within funds management; equity research; real assets research; investment or business consulting; or corporate finance advisory;
- Robust understanding of and research experience in Real Assets (e.g. private equity, and/or infrastructure will be considered advantageous);
- Knowledge across asset classes would be desirable coupled with a deep understanding of relevant global markets;
- An understanding of portfolio construction and risk management as well as the asset classes listed above;
- Strong MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team by contributing inputs and working co-operatively and effectively in an environment of mutual respect;
- Self-starter that demonstrates enthusiasm for developing ideas into tangible output, with an eye for detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate at all levels including presenting to clients in a professional and confident manner; and
- Excellent organisation skills, an ability to work autonomously, set priorities and work to deadlines.
Why join Frontier?
You’ll be joining a collaborative and friendly firm and team with a values and purpose-driven culture.
Frontier offers the following benefits:
- An additional week of paid leave each year
- Access to long service leave after just five years’ service
- Paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Up to 12 days of personal/carer’s leave after two years of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- Extra super contributions up to 12%
- $200 p.a. towards health and fitness items
- Monthly massages and annual flu shot
- Range of learning and development opportunities including in-house training and attendance at industry events
- Professional development courses – paid study leave, course reimbursement and professional membership reimbursement
- Regular social activities from monthly drinks to half day EOFY and Christmas lunches, monthly birthday afternoon teas, Christmas Eve family brunch and more
For more information or to apply, including your resume and covering letter in word format, please contact: